Calling all queso lovers! If you're looking for an easy and creamy cheese dip that's simple but delicious, then this Crock Pot Velveeta Cheese Dip is a must-make! With just a few ingredients, you can make a creamy queso dip that's perfect for any gathering!
When entertaining, it's a good idea to have quick and easy appetizer recipes on hand. And nothing pleases everyone's tastes like a velvety, creamy cheese dip. This creamy queso is made with four simple ingredients and produces a delicious dip every time.
Velveeta is a creamy, pre-packaged cheese product that melts very easily. It's perfect for this dip because it melts quickly and creates the creamy texture you'll love. Plus, it has the familiar flavor of cheddar without needing to shred or buy extra cheese.
Along with the Velveeta, you will also need some canned diced tomatoes, cumin, and green chilies. The canned tomatoes give the dip a nice creamy texture, while the green chiles and cumin add a bit of smoky heat for a spicy kick.
The best part about this dip is that it's made right in the slow cooker! Making cheese dip in the crock pot is great because you can throw all the ingredients in, set it to low heat, and let it do its thing.
Serve for game day, at a birthday party, or just because with pretzels, chips, or anything else that needs a dose of creamy cheese. No matter the occasion, this creamy queso dip will be a hit!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This queso dip requires very minimal prep work and uses just three basic ingredients.
- The Velveeta cheese gives the dip a creamy texture and the familiar cheddar flavor without needing to shred extra cheese.
- The slow cooker does all the work for you and turns this dip into creamy perfection.
- It's perfect for any party or gathering and can be served with pretzels, chips, veggies, or crackers!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Velveeta Cheese - This processed cheese product can usually be found in the dairy section of your grocery store or near where the items for mac and cheese are. It comes in a rectangle block and can easily be diced into cubes.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes - This ingredient adds liquid that helps thin out the dip while adding an acidic tomato flavor that pairs well with the cheese.
- Green Chilies - This green pepper gives the dip a bit of a spicy kick along with its texture.
- Cumin - A hit of dried cumin adds a layer of smoky flavor throughout the dip.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT VELVEETA CHEESE DIP
Prepare the Velveeta: Remove the cheese block from the package. With a sharp knife, cut the cheese into one-inch cubes.
Layer ingredients: Add the cheese cubes to the crock pot, pour in the tomatoes and chilies, and sprinkle the cumin on top.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top of the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours while stirring occasionally.
Turn to warm: Once the queso is melted and everything is mixed together, turn the crock pot to warm and serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or cut vegetables.
- Cut the Velveeta into even cubes to ensure they all melt at the same time.
- When pouring in the canned tomatoes, make sure to pour in the canning liquid as well. This liquid helps thin out the dip and gives it a creamy texture.
- If you like your cheese dip extra creamy, feel free to add an additional 8oz of Velveeta.
- The amount of time it takes to melt fully depends on your individual crock pot and its size. Be sure to stir occasionally and check to make sure the cheese is completely melted.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: Leftover crock pot queso dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing: This creamy queso dip can be frozen for up to 1 month. To freeze, let it cool completely and place it in a freezer-safe container. When ready to eat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or over the stovetop.
My Favorite Slow Cooker
- 1 (32 oz) package Velveeta cheese (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- ½ tsp cumin
Add Velveeta cheese, tomatoes, chilies, and cumin to a 4-quart crock pot.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Turn your crock pot to warm and serve with tortilla chips when ready.
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.