With tender ground beef, nutritious veggies, and a delicious homemade broth, this Slow Cooker Beef Ramen Noodles recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. So grab your slow cooker and get ready to indulge in a delicious and comforting bowl of ground beef ramen that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy!
Ramen is a Japanese dish that has become popular all around the world for its unique and delicious flavor. It typically consists of a savory broth, noodles, and a variety of toppings like meat, veggies, and eggs. This recipe is a twist on traditional ramen because it uses ground beef as the protein source, cooking it low and slow in the crockpot.
One of the best things about ground beef ramen is the combination of different flavors and textures. The ground beef adds a rich and meaty flavor that pairs perfectly with the slightly sweet and salty homemade broth. The shredded carrots, sliced red bell pepper, and chopped green onions provide a delicious crunch and burst of freshness that balances out the dish. And let's not forget about the noodles! The ramen noodles soak up all the flavors of the broth and veggies, making for a delicious and well-rounded meal.
Making ramen in the crock pot is the best way to prepare it! The slow cooker does all the work for you, so you can set it and forget it while you go about your day. Plus, cooking the ground beef low and slow allows it to become incredibly tender and juicy, making every bite absolutely delicious.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Ramen with ground beef cooked in the slow cooker is a true game changer when it comes to preparing a quick and easy yet incredibly delicious meal for busy weeknights.
- The homemade sauce used in this recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and savory, which, when combined with the tender ground beef, fresh veggies, and perfectly cooked ramen noodles, is both comforting and satisfying.
- Thanks to the crock pot, all the ingredients come together beautifully to create a hearty and satisfying bowl of ramen with a depth of flavors that you just can’t achieve on the stovetop.
- The dish is not only easy to make but also highly customizable, so you can adjust the ingredients and seasonings to your liking, making it perfect for picky eaters.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Ground Beef - The main protein source for the dish that adds a rich and meaty flavor to the ramen.
- Vegetables - Carrots, bell pepper, onions, garlic, and ginger add a variety of nutrients, texture, and flavor to the dish. The veggies provide a satisfying crunch and burst of freshness that complements the rich flavors of the ground beef and homemade broth.
- Black Pepper - Adds a bit of heat and depth to the dish, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the ramen.
- Brown Sugar - Brown sugar adds sweetness and balances out the saltiness of the soy sauce.
- Sesame Seed Oil - Provides a nutty and slightly sweet flavor that adds depth and richness to the dish.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce - This is a staple in Asian cuisine and adds a salty and savory flavor to the dish. Using low sodium soy sauce helps to control the saltiness of the dish, making it a healthier option.
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock - Used as the base for the homemade broth and adds a rich and savory flavor to the ramen.
- Ramen Noodles - Provide a satisfying chewy texture that pairs perfectly with the broth and veggies. Discarding the seasoning packet allows you to control the flavor of the dish and avoid any unnecessary additives.
- Frozen Broccoli Florets - Adds a pop of green and a healthy dose of vitamins and fiber to the dish.
- Garnish - Sesame seeds and green onions are used as a garnish to add a pop of color, texture, and flavor to the dish.
And because the ingredients cook together for hours, the flavors have a chance to meld together and become even more intense and flavorful.
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF RAMEN IN THE SLOW COOKER
Prepare the ground beef: In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef until completely browned. Drain off excess grease and add it to the slow cooker.
Add the prepared veggies: To the slow cooker, add the bell peppers and onions to the bottom.
Assemble the sauce: Then add the garlic, ginger, black pepper, brown sugar, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, and chicken stock in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour sauce over the top of the ground beef and veggies.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 2½-3½ hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.
Add frozen broccoli and noodles: Forty-five minutes before cook time is up. Add broccoli and ramen to the slow cooker. Cover and continue to cook until the broccoli is thawed and the noodles are tender.
Garnish and serve: Before serving, stir until well combined. Top with sesame seeds, green onions, and boiled eggs. Enjoy!
- To save time and effort, you can use pre-shredded carrots and pre-sliced bell peppers from the grocery store. This will cut down on prep time and make the dish even easier to put together.
- For best results, use lean ground beef with around 85% lean and 15% fat. This will ensure that the meat doesn't become too greasy or overpowering in the dish.
- If you love heat, you can add some red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce to kick up the spice level.
- After adding the frozen broccoli and ramen, make sure to continue to cook only until the broccoli is thawed and the noodles are tender. Overcooking the noodles may cause them to become too mushy or soggy.
- When serving the dish, make sure to stir it well to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed. This will help to bring all the flavors together and create a perfectly balanced bowl of ramen.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: To store any leftovers, transfer the beef ramen noodles to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a splash of water or chicken broth to help revive the noodles.
Freezing is not recommended as the noodles and vegetables will continue to absorb water and become soggy once thawed.
Your Favorite Slow Cooker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1 large red bell pepper (sliced)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 packs ramen noodles (discard the flavor packet)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- green onions (chopped for garnish)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef until completely browned. Drain off excess grease.
Add ground beef, bell peppers, and green onions to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add garlic, ginger, black pepper, brown sugar, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, and chicken stock in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Pour sauce over the top of the ground beef and veggies.
Cover and cook on high for 2½-3½ hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Forty-five minutes before cook time is up. Add broccoli and ramen to the slow cooker. Cover and continue to cook.
Before serving, stir until well combined. Top with sesame seeds, green onions, and boiled eggs.
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.