With just a few simple steps, you can transform canned cinnamon rolls into a warm and gooey treat that cooks to perfection in your crock pot. Enjoy these viral Tik Tok Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls as part of a sweet breakfast or as a comforting dessert!
Canned cinnamon rolls have become a staple in many households due to their irresistible taste and convenience. These pre-packaged rolls are typically made with a soft and fluffy dough swirled with a delectable cinnamon sugar filling and topped with creamy icing.
This recipe uses canned cinnamon rolls along with some elevated finishing touches that make them better than ever! The addition of heavy cream, butter, and cinnamon sugar, along with a homemade cream cheese frosting to spread over the top, will make them taste better than any cinnamon rolls you've tasted, especially when made in the crock pot!
Though traditionally cooked in the oven, slow-cooking cinnamon rolls offer a unique advantage that perfects the overall texture and flavor. The gentle heat and longer cooking time in the crock pot allow the dough to rise slowly and evenly, resulting in a softer and more tender consistency. And keeping the lid n helps to retain moisture, ensuring that the cinnamon rolls stay moist and delicious! The end result is a batch of cinnamon rolls that are perfectly cooked and infused with a rich cinnamon flavor, easily becoming one of your favorite crock pot desserts!
This iconic comforting breakfast treat is perfect for lazy weekend mornings, a special holiday brunch, or an easy dessert everyone can enjoy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- With just a few simple steps, you can transform canned cinnamon rolls into a warm and decadent treat without having to turn on the oven.
- The slow cooking process in the crock pot results in incredibly moist and tender cinnamon rolls that are packed with cinnamon sugar flavor.
- Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or even as a snack. Great for making on holiday mornings like Easter or Christmas!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing - These pre-packaged cinnamon rolls form the base of the recipe, providing a doughy, sweet, and cinnamon-infused foundation. While you can use any type of canned cinnamon roll, these are the best!
- Heavy Cream - Gets poured around the cinnamon rolls in the crock pot, adding moisture and richness as they cook.
- Unsalted Butter - Gets combined with brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt to create a flavorful and gooey caramel-like sauce that gets poured over the cinnamon rolls.
- Light Brown Sugar - Adds additional sweetness along with a gentle caramel flavor.
- Cinnamon - Provides a warm and comforting aroma that adds to the overall sweet profile.
- Salt - Balances the sweetness in the recipe, enhancing the flavors of all the ingredients.
- Cream Cheese - Forms the base for the cream cheese icing adding a light tangy flavor that helps balance the sweetness.
- Unsalted Butter - Adds additional creamy texture to the frosting along with a rich buttery flavor.
- Powdered Sugar - Gets mixed with the frosting ingredients to provide sweetness and thickness, making it easily spreadable.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a warm and fragrant note that blends well with the overall flavor of cream cheese frosting.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLLS IN THE CROCK POT
Prepare the crock pot: Spray the inner lid of your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray to prevent the cinnamon rolls from sticking to the bottom and the sides.
Arrange cinnamon rolls: Unwrap the packages of cinnamon rolls. Throw away the icing tubes they come with, or use them for another recipe. Separate each cinnamon roll, then arrange them in the prepared crock pot in a single layer.
Season the cinnamon rolls: Pour the heavy cream along the outside of the cinnamon rolls making sure you do not get any on top. Mix the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon together in a small bowl until combined, then pour on top of the cinnamon rolls.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top of the crock pot and cook on LOW for 2 hours. Remove the lid and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes to remove moisture from the tops of the rolls.
Make the cream cheese frosting: In a medium bowl, using either a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. Next, add the butter and continue beating until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Gradually incorporate the powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Ice the cinnamon rolls: Using a knife or icing spatula, generously spread the icing over the warm rolls, ensuring each roll is coated. Serve the rolls straight from the crock pot while they are still warm. Enjoy!
- Generously spray the bottom and sides of your crock pot. This will make it easier to remove the rolls once they are cooked and ensure that they retain their shape.
- When arranging the individual cinnamon roll biscuits in the crock pot, create a single layer to ensure even cooking. If necessary, gently press them together to fit, but avoid overcrowding the pot.
- Be careful when pouring the heavy cream around the cinnamon rolls to avoid getting any on top of the rolls. This allows the cream to seep into the bottom of the rolls, providing moisture and tenderness.
- Keeping the lid on maintains a consistent temperature and helps to ensure that the cinnamon rolls cook evenly. Opening the lid too frequently can disrupt the cooking process and may result in an undercooked cinnamon roll.
- To achieve a smooth and creamy consistency for the cream cheese icing, make sure the cream cheese and butter are softened to room temperature before mixing. This will make it easier to blend them together and prevent lumps in the icing.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container or wrapping them tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Before serving, you can warm them in the microwave for a few seconds or briefly reheat them in a preheated oven to restore their softness and warmth.
Freezing: To freeze, it's best to do so without icing. Wrap each one individually with plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw the cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator overnight, then warm them in the microwave or oven. Once warmed, drizzle them with the cream cheese icing before serving.
- Your Favorite Crock Pot
- 2 (17.5 oz) Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Spray the bottom of your crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
Unwrap both packages of cinnamon rolls and discard the icing tubs. Carefully separate the individual biscuits and arrange them in a single layer inside the crock pot.
Pour the heavy cream around the cinnamon rolls making sure not to get any on top.
Add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined and pour over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Remove the lid and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, using either a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. Next, add the butter and continue beating until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Gradually incorporate the powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Using a knife or icing spatula, generously spread the icing over the warm rolls, ensuring each roll is coated. Serve the rolls immediately while they are still warm, and enjoy.
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.