This popular dish is usually made with spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, and other creamy cheeses. It's then seasoned to perfection to round out the flavors.
It's served warm with a variety of dipping vehicles. You can serve it with tortilla chips, pita chips, raw vegetables, or even your favorite crackers!
This is hands-down the best spinach artichoke dip you will taste and it's so simple to make. Just add all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it do its thing. In a few hours, you'll have the most amazing appetizer that's perfect for any occasion!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This restaurant-style appetizer can easily be made right at home with the help of your crock pot.
- It's creamy, cheesy and full of flavor.
- The slow cooker helps you keep it nice and warm so it's always ready to go.
- Serve it as a game day appetizer or make it for a movie night for the whole family to enjoy!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER ARTICHOKE DIP
- Fresh Spinach - This fresh leafy green adds a pop of green color to the dish along with nutrients and texture.
- Artichoke Hearts - You'll need canned or jarred artichoke hearts that are quartered and drained properly.
- Butter - Helps make the dip mixture smooth and buttery.
- Yellow Onion & Garlic - Adds bold garlic and onion flavor that pairs well with the cheese, spinach, and artichokes.
- Black Pepper - Used to help season the dish properly and balance the flavors.
- Cornstarch - Adds thickness to the dip so it can easily be scooped.
- Milk - Thins out the dip mixture while keeping it rich and creamy.
- Worchestershire - Adds a salty umami flavor that adds richness to the overall dip.
- Sour Cream - Gives the dip a creamy texture as well as a slightly tart and tangy taste.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Adds a classic melty stringy texture to the dish with fresh creamy flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese - Gives this dip a salty cheesy flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Prepare the vegetables: Wash the spinach and remove the stems. Chop the onion into small dice and mince the garlic.
Add to slow cooker: Add the prepared vegetables to the crock pot along with the cheeses and seasonings. Mix to fully combine and evenly distribute.
Slow cook the dip: Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours or LOW for 2.5-3 hours or until the cheese is melted and the spinach has wilted into the mixture.
Stir and serve: Stir everything together to combine and serve with your favorite dipping foods!
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces to ensure there aren't large bites of them throughout the dip.
- Remove the woody stems from the spinach as this could make the dip stringy.
- Make sure to drain the artichoke hearts properly to avoid a watery dip.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add more milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
- The time it takes to melt the cheese and wilt the spinach will depend on your slow cooker. Start checking it at the lower end of the time range and go from there.
Storing: This dip is best served immediately, but if you have any leftovers, make sure they are cooled and stored in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for up to a week. Freezing is not recommended as the milk and cheese will de-emulsify making it a liquidy texture.
Reheating: If you want to reheat this, add it to a pot on the stove over low heat. Stir until it's evenly heated throughout. You may need to add a splash of milk to thin it out as it reheats.
If you're worried about the cheese burning, mix it in towards the end of cooking or cook on LOW instead of HIGH.
This dip is best served fresh, but you can prepare it ahead of time by chopping the vegetables and mixing all of the ingredients together. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to cook it.
If your dip is watery, you may have added too much liquid or not drained the artichoke hearts properly. Try cooking it uncovered for a little bit to allow some of the liquid to evaporate. You could also add in some more shredded cheese to help thicken it.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
Your Favorite Slow Cooker
- 1 (16 oz.) bag baby spinach (Stems Removed)
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup yellow onion (minced)
- 2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1¼ cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped into ¾" pieces)
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Mix everything until well combined.
Cover and cook on high for 1½ hours or on low for 2½ to 3 hours. Or until the cheese has completely melted and the spinach has reduced.
Stir to combine everything. Then serve with tortilla chips or toasted bread.
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.