Slow-cooked sirloin steak cubes are transformed into tender and juicy bites of heaven. With no guesswork involved, Crock Pot Steak Bites make it easy to enjoy perfectly cooked steak any day of the week!
Making the perfect steak isn't always easy. There are many variables to control, like the specific cut, the best temperature, and what cooking method to use. Luckily, there's an easy way to make steak right in your slow cooker!
Crockpot steak bites are made with pieces of sirloin steak mixed with butter, onion, and a simple blend of seasonings. The slow cooker adds a low-temperature heat that slow-cooks the steak until it's juicy and tender, with lots of flavors soaked in.
Bringing together the flavor of slow-cooked steak and the convenience of a slow cooker, this recipe is sure to become your go-to for an easy dinner. You can serve it with a variety of different sides, including Crock Pot Stuffing or a creamy bowl of Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Since its slow-cooked, you can use budget-friendly cuts of meat like sirloin or even chuck roast!
- The texture of the meat is perfect! It's slow-cooked until it is tender and juicy, without the risk of overcooking.
- It’s easy to make with just 10 minutes of prep time and no guesswork involved!
- Steak is a great way to get in hearty protein and nutrients and can be served with many different side dishes.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Sirloin Steak - This cut of meat is typically quite lean and has a robust flavor. It’s ideal for slow cooking since it keeps its texture and doesn't become too mushy.
- Butter - Adds flavor and moisture to the steak as it slowly cooks, giving it an extra level of deliciousness.
- Yellow Onion & Garlic - This adds a bit of bold flavor to the steak and also helps it, slow cook, evenly.
- Seasonings - A blend of salt, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes enhances the flavor of the steak.
- Beef Broth - Used to keep the slow cooker steak bites extra juicy while also adding a depth of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK BITES IN THE CROCK POT
Prepare the sirloin steaks: Remove the steak from the package and pat dry with a paper towel. Trim off any excess fat, then cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the steak: Place the steak bites at the bottom of the Crock Pot, then top with butter and onions.
Make the marinade: To a medium-sized bowl, add the garlic, beef broth, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Whisk until fully combined. Pour over the steak pieces, butter, and garlic.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When cutting the steak into bite-sized pieces, keep in mind that the steak will shrink as it cooks. Cut them into a bit larger pieces than you think you need.
- The safe internal temperature for sirloin steak is 145°F, but slow cooking it at a low temperature can result in a more tender and juicy steak.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. You can also use water instead of beef broth to keep the salt content lower.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: Once cooled, the cooked steak bites and the juices can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing: You can freeze the slow cooker steak bites, either cooked or uncooked. Place them in a freezer-safe bag (after they’ve cooled) and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: To reheat the slow cooker steak bites, place them in a skillet over medium heat and cook until heated through. You can also microwave them in 30-second intervals until warm though the meat may get tough when reheated this way.
Yes, the slow cooker uses moist heat to break down the fibers in the steak, resulting in tender slow cooker steak bites.
The internal temperature of the slow-cooked steak should reach 145°F for it to be considered safe to eat. You can also insert a fork into one of the pieces of meat, and if it easily slides out, the steak should be done.
When choosing beef to slow cook, you'll want to look for cuts that are labeled "stewing beef" or "braising steak," as slow cooking these tougher cuts will result in extra tender slow cooker steak bites.
Crock Pot Steak Bites Recipe
Your Favorite Slow Cooker
Cut steak into bite-size pieces and add them to the Crock Pot. Then, add butter and onions on top.
Add garlic, beef broth, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and au jus gravy mix to a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined and pour over steak bites.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.