Made with frozen meatballs and rich mushroom gravy, these Crock Pot Salisbury Steak Meatballs are the perfect meal for busy days. With just a few simple steps, you'll have tender and flavorful meatballs that are perfect served over rice or creamy mashed potatoes!
This recipe starts out with a bag of frozen meatballs. Using frozen meatballs not only saves you time but also ensures consistent results. The homemade sauce, featuring brown mushrooms, onions, beef broth, and a blend of Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and Dijon mustard, infuses every meatball with incredible flavor.
The beauty of using a slow cooker is that it allows the meatballs to simmer and soak up all those savory flavors, resulting in a tender texture and delicious taste. Plus, it's a hands-off cooking method that frees you up to work or tend to other tasks.
These flavorful meatballs can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, allowing you to customize your meal to suit your preferences. For a classic presentation, serve them over a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes or alongside buttery egg noodles. If you're looking for a low-carb option, try pairing them with cauliflower rice or a garden salad. You can also stuff them into sub rolls or hoagie buns and top with melted cheese for a delicious meatball sub. No matter how you choose to enjoy them, this easy crock pot meatball recipe makes dinner a breeze!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This recipe takes the classic Salisbury steak to a whole new level by transforming it into flavor-packed meatballs that are perfect for busy weeknights.
- The convenience of using frozen meatballs means you can have a delicious homemade meal on the table in no time without sacrificing taste or quality.
- The rich and savory homemade mushroom gravy infuses the meatballs with an incredible depth of flavor, creating a comforting sauce.
- The slow cooker method allows the meatballs to cook low and slow, resulting in tender beef meatballs are effortlessly cooked to perfection with little effort!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Frozen Meatballs - The star of the recipe, these convenient pre-made meatballs save time and effort, providing a hearty protein base for the dish.
- Brown Mushrooms - Sliced and cooked with the meatballs, earthy mushrooms add an umami flavor and a meaty texture to the dish.
- Yellow Onion - Brings a subtle sweetness and depth of flavor that enhances the overall taste.
- Low Sodium Beef Broth - Serves as the base of the mushroom gravy, providing a rich and savory flavor that ties all the ingredients together.
- Brown Gravy Mix - Adds depth and richness to the gravy, ensuring a smooth and velvety texture.
- Worcestershire Sauce - Adds a tangy and savory note to the meatballs and gravy, enhancing the overall umami taste.
- Ketchup - Brings a touch of sweetness and tanginess to the dish, balancing the flavors.
- Dijon Mustard - Adds a subtle tang and depth of flavor to the meatballs, complementing the other ingredients.
- Black Pepper - Adds a warm and peppery kick, elevating the flavors and giving the dish a hint of spice.
- Minced Garlic - Infuses the dish with a bold and aromatic garlic flavor.
- Slurry - Both cornstarch and water are used to thicken the gravy; the slurry helps create a velvety texture, coating the meatballs and ensuring a satisfying consistency.
HOW TO MAKE SALISBURY STEAK MEATBALLS IN THE CROCK POT
Arrange the ingredients: Slice the mushrooms and the onions. Arrange them on the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot. Add the frozen meatballs on top.
Make the sauce: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the beef broth, gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, black pepper, and garlic. Whisk until well combined and pour over meatballs.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook for 2-3 hours on HIGH or 5-6 hours on LOW.
Thicken the sauce: Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until no lumps remain. Pour into the crock pot and stir. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve: Ladle over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Enjoy!