This Crock Pot White Queso Dip is the perfect appetizer for any party or game day! You only need a few simple ingredients like cubed white cheese and pepper jack cheese, you'll have this creamy dip ready in no time. Serve with your favorite chips and crackers, and enjoy!
Queso Blanco is a type of cheese made from cow's milk. It is a white, mild-flavored cheese that originated in Spain and Portugal. Queso Blanco is popular in Latin American cuisine and is often used as a dipping sauce or melted over foods.
This slow cooker cheese dip is a twist on the classic cheese that uses cubed white American cheese and pepper jack cheese to create its cheesy flavor. Add in milk for creaminess and some green chilis for a hit of spice, and you have a flavorful dip that pairs well with any dipping vehicle.
Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it melt into deliciousness!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- White American Cheese - This unique cheese adds creaminess and body to the queso.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - We use pepper jack cheese in this queso Blanco recipe for a little heat.
- Diced Green Chilies - Gives this cheese dips specs of green color along with a touch of heat.
- Evaporated Milk - This creates a smooth and creamy texture to the dip that melts well with the cheese.
- Seasonings - A mix of ground cumin, salt, and pepper help enhance the flavor of this easy cheese dip.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE QUESO DIP IN THE CROCK POT
Prepare the cheese: Cut your cheese into cubes if it's not cut already and add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Assemble ingredients: Drain the canned chilies and add them on top of the cheese along with the dried seasonings and evaporated milk.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top of the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours. Once the cheese is melted, stir to combine.
Warm and serve: Once the cheese dip is fully mixed and melted, turn the crock pot to WARM. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe uses a mini 2-3 quart slow cooker. You can find them online or in most stores near the crock pots. If you don't have a mini crock pot, you can use a larger one, but keep an eye on it so the cheese doesn't burn.
- If you can't find cubed cheese or full blocks of cheese, you can use sliced white American cheese and sliced pepper jack instead. Keep in mind that this may cook faster.
- For a crock pot queso that is extra smooth, you can use an immersion blender to blend it before serving.
- This recipe calls for evaporated milk, but you can also use whole milk or half and half if you prefer.
- For a thicker queso dip, use less milk. For thinner queso, use more.
- This crock pot queso Blanco is best enjoyed immediately.
- Turn up the heat by adding more diced green chilies or jalapeños to the recipe.
- Make it a crock pot queso fundido by adding in cooked crumbled sausage, ground beef, or shredded chicken.
- Stir in a can of black beans, corn, or diced tomatoes for extra flavor and texture.
- Add a tablespoon or two of your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick.
- Top with cilantro, diced avocado, or sour cream when serving.
- Use different types of cheese, including cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby for a different flavor.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: If you have leftovers, turn the crock pot off to cool slightly. Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to one week.
Freezing: This crock pot queso blanco does not freeze well. The texture changes, and it can become grainy.
Reheating: To reheat, add the queso to the crock pot on LOW until melted and warm. You can also reheat on the stove over low heat, stirring often.
Your Favorite Slow Cooker
- ½ lb white American cheese (cubed)
- ½ lb pepper jack cheese (cubed)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chilies (drained
- 4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 2-3 quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Once the cheese is melted, stir to combine.
Turn the slow cooker to warm to serve.
Garnish with fresh pico de gallo or cilantro, and enjoy!
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.