Looking for an easy appetizer that will wow your party guests? This Crock Pot Pizza Dip is just what you need! It tastes just like pizza in dip form, and it's so easy to make and serve with toasted bread, tortillas, or your favorite vegetables!
A creamy blend of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese gets mixed with savory pizza sauce and seasonings. Once it gets some time in the slow cooker to warm through, a layer of cheese and pepperoni is added to the top, making the perfect dip! The best part is you can assemble it ahead of time and just let it slow cook until it's ready to serve.
The dip vehicle options are plenty too! Serve this easy pizza dip alongside some toasted bread, tortilla chips, crackers, pork rinds, or your favorite vegetables, and watch it disappear!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This unique party appetizer is easy to assemble and is packed with delicious pizza flavor.
- Great for game day, holidays, or any special occasion.
- It's made with less than ten easy-to-find ingredients.
- Let it stay warm in the crock pot while you enjoy time with guests!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Cream Cheese - Adds thickness to the dip along with a delicious creaminess.
- Pizza Sauce - The base of the dip and what gives it that iconic pizza flavor we all love.
- Mozzarella Cheese - A classic pizza cheese that melts beautifully and tastes amazing in this recipe.
- Seasoning - A mix of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder give this dip a proper Italian flair.
- Mini Pepperoni - Adds texture and a light kick of heat that makes this pizza dip taste like the real thing!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DIP IN THE CROCK POT
Assemble the base: To a 6-quart slow cooker, add the cream cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, half of the pepperoni, and seasonings. Stir until fully combined.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook the base of the tip on HIGH for 1½ or LOW for 2-3 hours, making sure to stir occasionally.
Add toppings: Once the mixture is warmed through, add the remaining cheese and pepperoni on top in an even layer. Cover with the lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve hot: Serve alongside toasted bread, crackers, or tortilla chips for dipping. Enjoy!
- Use full-fat cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in this recipe for best results.
- The pizza sauce can be store-bought or homemade. Just make sure its slightly thicker than regular pasta sauce, as a sauce that is too thin will make the dip watery.
- I like to use mini pepperoni in this recipe because they’re easy to add on top and give the dip a nice texture, but you could also use regular-sized pepperoni that’s been cut into small pieces.
- Make sure to stir occasionally to ensure the cream cheese is fully combined and the dip isn’t sticking to the sides of the slow cooker.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you’re feeding a large crowd. Simply use a larger slow cooker (8-quart or larger) and double all of the ingredients.
STORING & FREEZING
Storing: If you have any leftover pizza dip, store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freezing: I do not recommend freezing pizza dip as the cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese can separate when thawed.
Reheating: The best way to reheat leftover pizza dip is in the microwave. Heat it in 30-second increments until it’s melted and bubbly. Alternatively, you can reheat it on the stove over low heat until warm. Add more cheese and pepperoni to the top as necessary.
Your Favorite Slow Cooker
Add cream cheese, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and ½ of the pepperoni to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir until well combined.
Cover and cook on high for 1½ or low for 2-3 hours. Stir everything occasionally.
Top with remaining cheese and pepperoni. Cover and cook for 10-15 or until cheese is melted.
Serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
If you're tired of the same old dinner routine, you're in luck! Chef Ryan loves to create meals that are sure to impress your entire family. Whether you're a busy parent of just looking for an easy and delicious meal.